Join Our Maintenance Team!
Ready to have a lasting impact on hundreds of families? Apply now!
If you share a passion for creating safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, and wish to help build an organization that will have a lasting impact on hundreds of low-income families, we invite you to use your energy and skills as part of our Maintenance Team at Circle Community LandTrust (“Circle”).
Circle is a non-profit organization founded to protect and invest in some of the last affordable family-sized homes in Toronto. In June 2021, the City of Toronto chose Circle as the successful proponent to own and manage 561 houses transferred from Toronto Community Housing Corporation. For tenants, the benefits will be improved services and well-maintained houses. For Toronto, the benefits are the preservation and regeneration of hundreds of affordable houses – houses that would be impossible to replace in today’s market – in mixed-income neighbourhoods. Beginning in April 2022, Circle will begin to complete the purchase of the houses, bring them to a good state of repair, and keep them affordable. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of leaders in the social housing sector, Circle has a vision of quality, family-sized, perpetually affordable homes in inclusive communities to serve today's tenants and future generations.
About this role: This team is responsible for preventative and emergency maintenance for Circle owned and managed properties, including some janitorial, grounds keeping and security. The program is responsible for preparing residential suites for new occupants, preparing specifications for tender; supervising and carrying out minor maintenance upgrades to home; providing physical support to Circle programs and services as well as ensuring all applicable codes, standards and policies are met and adhered to.
What You Will Do
• Carries out minor repairs to the homes’ mechanical and electrical equipment, physical structure, as assigned.
• Supervising contractors as part of making apartments ready for occupancy following Circle procedures.
• Makes regular inspections of the grounds, building, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment and reports all repairs needed to Management.
• Ensures that the buildings security system and fire equipment are working and that the building is secure.
• Repairs or replaces equipment as necessary with Management approval.
• Assists in maintaining an inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Ensures homes are operating in a safe and clean manner.
• Ensures that equipment, tools, materials, and workspaces are maintained in a clean, safe, and functional manner.
• Ensures that homes are being maintained in an appropriate manner and that Circle policies are being adhered to.
• Other maintenance tasks as directed by Management
What You Bring to the Team
• High School diploma.
• One to two (1-2) years of related experience as a tradesperson.
• Skilled in basic maintenance trades, such as plumbing, painting, dry wall, carpentry.
• Ability to lift up to 20kg
• Possess “G” drivers license and have clear driving record
• Familiarity in using electronic devices (cellphone, laptop, PC) and basic MS Office software (Word & Excel) required.
What Will Set You Apart
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
• Able to work with little direct supervision.
• Able to work within a team.
• Capable of using power tools.
• Capable of using medium to heavy equipment, such as floor renovators.
• Basic problem-solving skills.
• Able to lift, push, and pull heavy objects.
• Experience with vulnerable or excluded population considered a strong asset.
Criminal background check will be performed for all candidates considered for these positions.
Circle has a mandatory vaccination policy.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
Please apply with you resume and cover letter to email@example.com